Subject: Enviando por correo electrónico: 820
From: "Templo Virtual de ISKCON" <[email-masked]>
To: "Templo Virtual de ISKCON" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:02:34 -0600

Yahoo! Grupos : anandasannyasi Mensajes : Mensaje 820 de 820
     Inicio - Yahoo! - Ayuda  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Hola, iskcon_virtual (iskcon_virtual · [email-masked])  Crear Grupo - Mis Grupos - Información de cuenta - Salir    
            anandasannyasi · MOVIMIENTO HARE KRISHNA  Miembro [ Opciones de entrega ]  

         Inicio    
                 Mensajes    
                       Publicar    
                    Platicar    
                    Archivos    
                    Fotos    
                    Enlaces    
                    Base de datos    
                    Encuestas    
                    Miembros    
                    Agenda    
                    
--------------------------------------------------------------
                   
                    Promocionar    
                    
--------------------------------------------------------------
                   
                     = Propietario   
                     = Moderador   
                     = En línea   
           
       Mensajes Mensajes Ayuda 
           
                  Responder | Reenviar | Ver origen | Separar líneas        

                 
           
                    Mensaje 820 de 820  |  Anterior | Siguiente  [ Subir en la serie ]  Índice de mensajes             Mensaje #     
           
            De:  "siddha rupa" <Siddharupa@h...> 
            Fecha:  Vie Dic 12, 2003  7:08 pm
            Asunto:  FW: Fwd: Aclaración del mensaje editado en Istagosthi con respecto al templo de méxico.

            >From: "Jagat-Caksur (das) ACBSP (Caracas - VEN)" 
            >To: "Prestha Das" ,    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked],    [email-masked] 
            >Subject: Fwd: Aclaración del mensaje editado en Istagosthi con respecto al    templo de méxico. 
            >Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:27 -0600 
            > 
            >Esta es la respuesta de SS Guru Prasad Maharaj a las malintencionadas 
            >acusaciones de las que fue objeto. Les sugiero que alguien lo traduzca y 
            >distribuya a tantas personas como sea posible. 
            > 
            >Respuesta de SS Guru Prasad Maharaj: 
            > 
            >Dear Maharajas and Prabhus 
            > 
            >Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. 
            > 
            >I am answering a series of accusations, some partially true, some total 
            >misinformation and many omissions. 
            > 
            >First of all, I would like to commend Harinama and Narendra Prabhus for all 
            >their nice service. Devotees have told me that, for the most part, their 
            >website and internet publications are very nice, and I am happy that they 
            >can serve the vaisnavas in this way. 
            > 
            >I am sorry that this will be a little long, but since Harinama das and 
            >Narendra das have made such a great effort to propagate this on the internet 
            >and to GBC members, it is necessary. I will be as brief as possible. 
            > 
            >COWS 
            > 
            >1. History: I am sure that Harinama das doesn't know many of these details, 
            >since he was serving outside Mexico at the time, and Narendra das had not 
            >joined ISKCON yet. I became GBC of Mexico in 87. On my way from Mayapur, I 
            >stopped in Hawaii, and called Mexico. I was informed that many senior 
            >devotees wanted to support Radha Krsna (then Swami) [RKD] as GBC for Mexico. 
            >I flew to Miami to discuss it with the GBC Chairman, Hridayananda das 
            >Goswami (HDG), and we made an arrangement that RKD could become GBC at the 
            >88 meeting. So both he and I took the decision, in consultation with many 
            >senior devotees, to sell the Mexico farm (not me alone). Why? After the 
            >departure of Pancadravida Swami, most of the temple devotees left. There was 
            >no money to support the farm, which had been subsidized up to that point. 
            >There were many deities, and 10 devotees, on 600 acres. In Mexico, 
            >especially at that time, there was a law, reforma agraria, which basically 
            >allowed a squatter to occupy unused land. The TP, Premananda das, told us he 
            >was definitely leaving the farm. So we decided to sell it. 
            > 
            >When I was Reg Sec of Mexico in 82, I told Pancadravida Swami that the farm 
            >was too big, and not the best land. I also told him that it would be best to 
            >start with 1 cow, and he brought 8. By the time we sold the farm, there were 
            >around 30 cows. I had to find a place for them, and some devotees took them, 
            >in Northern Mexico, in central Mexico, and Uddharana das. I told all of them 
            >that by accepting them, especially if they decided to reproduce them, it was 
            >their responsibility. 
            > 
            >2. Reality. 
            > 
            >I have many temples in my zone. I cannot visit every place in Mexico. In 
            >Orizaba, Uddharana das had a nice restaurant, and devotees would visit. Most 
            >of the devotees there are disciples of HH Govinda Maharaja (Gaudiya M). We 
            >did try to open a small center there 2 years ago, but there was not enough 
            >support or leadership to keep it going. We have a yearly festival in 
            >Veracruz, Mex, to do Harinama sankirtan on Easter weekend. I take that 
            >opportunity to visit Uddharana. I don't go to take prasadam (actually in the 
            >last years he had hired cooks) but to visit and encourage him. He identifies 
            >with ISKCON, but it is not an ISKCON project. We have done Harinamas there, 
            >and I have done many programs, but not the last 3 years owning to many other 
            >obligations. 
            > 
            >He put the 12 original cows on a small 3 acre plot. I discussed many times 
            >about my concern that he was allowing the cows to reproduce, and he said 
            >that he could sell the yogurt and use the milk and cheese in the restaurant. 
            >For the last 3 years or so, every time I came, he said that business was 
            >going down. It was not until two years ago, that he said that things were 
            >really bad. But he didn't make a specific appeal for the cows until April of 
            >2002. He asked me if we could do a campaign, something like "adopt a cow". I 
            >asked him to send me a proposal, and I would act on it. He never contacted 
            >ma again. Only in Oct, when some devotees showed me a long article by 
            >Harinama, etc, accusing me of not protecting the cows, did I remember 
            >Uddharana's request. I thank them for making me aware, although they could 
            >have contacted me personally. I immediately contacted Revati dd, Uddharana's 
            >wife, and made an arrangement to send some laxsmi. I began to look for an 
            >arrangement for the cows. I gave some more laxsmi, according to my means, 
            >and tried to enthuse others to do so. Unfortunately, not many did. When I 
            >returned from India in April 03, I went to Arizona, Houston and Dallas, and 
            >appealed to the congregation. I was able to collect 1,800. I asked M Revati 
            >how much we needed to transport the cows, permits, etc. I have $500 more to 
            >sustain the cows until we could move them. I spoke to everyone I knew who 
            >had land. I made an arrangement that one family in Tulancingo, Mex, would 
            >take 5 cows. It was hard to convince people, even being devotees, to take 
            >very thin and old cows and bulls. Myself and Hari-katha spoke with devotees 
            >in Queretaro, Mex, to take another 4. Then one devotee near Mexico City to 
            >take 5. Later I convince one disciple of mine to transport the cows for 
            >$600. Another one to take any cows that wer left over. All these devotees 
            >have acres of land. Then after one trip, I called Hari-katha (who was 
            >helping me make the arrangements) if the cows had been transported. He said 
            >no. This happened many times. I found out the Revati dd did not work anymore 
            >with Uddharana. He had no phone. There was a problem with the permits. Then, 
            >one devotee went to make the arrangement to pick them up, and there were no 
            >health permits. Also, we found out that Mexican law require that cows be 
            >branded, and have to be registered, before they can be transported. 
            >Uddharana refused to allow them to be branded. This has been going on for 
            >the last 6 weeks. 
            > 
            >I never told Uddharana that I would not give any more help or laxsmi. That 
            >is an invention. I did not give anymore because I don't have it personally, 
            >nor does the temple. He has not contacted me, or made a further appeal to 
            >me, to help him in the interim time, with more laxsmi for maintenance. Maybe 
            >I should have assumed that he needed more. 
            > 
            >From the beginning of my little campaign, I always asked Hari Katha, how is 
            >it going? What is lacking, etc. I could have done more, but I am also very 
            >busy in other areas. I called Uddharana 3 weeks ago, and asked him to allow 
            >B Roberto from Orizaba to help get the permits, if he did not have time. He 
            >said OK, but didn't ask me for more financial help. 
            > 
            >In any case, I have just sent a devotee to Orizaba, and he will evaluate the 
            >situation, and personally stay and get the permits. I wonder why Harinama 
            >and other concerned devotees could not take a few days off, to help 
            >Uddharana with the permits, or to go around and ask others for donations, as 
            >I did. Of course, they do it by internet. But I had many devotees contact me 
            >first, asking if their appeal is real, and if the money would be safe, 
            >sending it to the account that they provided. 
            > 
            >Harinama has implied that I am driving around in my $30,000 VW (it is a 
            >$20,000 Nissan), implying that I have so many funds, and don't use them for 
            >the cows. Of course, he never asked me, or anyone who knows, how I got it. 
            >The fact is that I have a trust fund, which only allows me to request 
            >something in my name, and no money. I have to sign an agreement that if it 
            >is sold, the remaining amount must be refunded to the trust. 
            > 
            >We are ready to move the cows tomorrow if the permits are there, contrary to 
            >Harinama and company's implication that I never really made any arrangements 
            >for the cows. 
            > 
            > 
            >MEXICO TEMPLE. 
            > 
            >1. History 
            > 
            >Unfortunately, Harinama and company do not come to the temple, so they only 
            >can hear from others. Admittedly, myself and others did not register the 
            >temple opportunely, which gave the opposition a greater chance to sue us. He 
            >mentions that the previous owner, who lived next door, was kidnapped. That 
            >is not true. There was a plan, with that same lady, and her granddaughters, 
            >who showed us legal documents that they had a case against Enrique, their 
            >nephew, who usurped the property from the aged grandmother. Some of our 
            >devotees sympathized with them, and made a plan to recover the property. A 
            >bit before that, Harinama and company lived in that building, renting space 
            >from the grandson, who is the one suing us, along with his partner. Other 
            >devotees also lived there. It was a stupid idea to involve ourselves in a 
            >family feud, and it caused many problems. 
            > 
            >But that family has been suing us from just shortly after we purchased the 
            >temple. Harinama mentioned that the devotees collected for the rest of the 
            >money owed. Actually, I collected it by going around the US and Europe, 
            >begging donations to save the Mexico property. The family is alleged to be 
            >involved in illegal activities, and they have tried to get the property back 
            >by hook or crook. 
            > 
            >2. Facts. 
            > 
            >It is TOTALLY UNTRUE that the house is 99% lost. We lost the first judgment, 
            >in which we determined that there were definitely bribes. Even the judge had 
            >been accused previously of accepting bribes. But we won the appeal, which is 
            >a higher court and a more serious decision. Now they have appealed to the 
            >highest court, called an amparo, which Harinama has defined as a course of 
            >action used mostly by criminals and drug dealers. But everyone in Mexico who 
            >has any money, uses the Amparo as a last resort, or a 3rd appeal. Or course, 
            >he has repeatedly insinuated that there is something fishy, or "very 
            >unusual" in my dealings, by saying our Colombia-like dealings. Any normal 
            >person who is in litigation has closed door meetings. Our lawyer insisted 
            >that only 3 or 4 persons could be involved in the legal strategy, to the 
            >point that they didn't even tell me some things. But it has worked. I 
            >contacted another lawyer, and preached to him (and he is helping for free 
            >and a little prasadam), and he is helping. We have requested certain 
            >government contacts to help us assure that the legal process is followed, 
            >and that no more payoffs take place. 
            > 
            >Regarding CABIN, or a government agency to help us register the temple as 
            >government property, if they can do it at this stage it is news to me. All 
            >of our lawyers have said that you must do it before you are sued. But we 
            >will definitely investigate it. Yes, we have been reluctant to turn over the 
            >property to the government. I have a friend in Monterrey, a bishop, and he 
            >told me that since the government has allowed churches to own property (from 
            >1992), the church prefers to have them in its own name. So do most other 
            >religions. One of my disciples asked my permission to check into the 
            >possibility of offering the government 3 weeks ago, and I told him to please 
            >investigate it. 
            > 
            >I just arrived in Mexico, and spoke to the sub-director of Asuntos 
            >Religiosos (Mexican State Department Office or Religious activities). I 
            >explained our whole case to him, and he confirmed what the lawyers have 
            >always told me. Since we registered as a religion in 92, and since we did 
            >not declare that we had previously held religious activities in this 
            >building, we cannot nationalize. We declared that previously we were a 
            >Cultural non-profit society. So our buildings cannot be nationalized at this 
            >time. All purchased buildings are automatically the property of the 
            >religious association they belong to after 1992. And he also confirmed that 
            >the Federal Government cannot nullify a legal case that we are fighting. 
            >Actually, as Harinama and company indicated in their message, our property 
            >is still legally in the name of Radha Krsna das, Premananda das and Maitreya 
            >das. It is promised to be donated at a certain time. 
            > 
            >Gaudiya Vaisnava visits. 
            > 
            >1. Sripad Puri Maharaja. 
            > 
            >He came to Mexico temple twice and Guadalajara temple once. On his first 
            >visit, many outside devotees came, and they arranged for his footbathing. I 
            >was present but did not participate directly. I did listen to his 40 minute 
            >address. I was not present for his second visit. I did not invite him either 
            >time, but I did try to show proper respect to a vaisnava, and I will always 
            >do so. 
            > 
            >2. Sripad Narayan M. 
            > 
            >He came. As suggested, I arranged for a simultaneous festival in ISKCON. 
            >Many of our devotees went to see Narayan M. I had written a letter to the 
            >effect that maybe he should not visit, to avoid any problems. But his people 
            >insisted, and incited many of our devotees, saying that we have no 
            >etiquette. Then I heard that he as coming anyway, so I gave him a garland, 
            >accompanied him to the altar, and then upstairs (in a previous photo 
            >display, Harinama and company implied that I escorted him upstairs for a 
            >secret meeting) to see Srila Prabhupada's quarters. In those quarters, 
            >standing, he spoke some words, maybe 5 minutes, and they all left. 
            > 
            >I strongly object to Harinama and company's previous implications (stated in 
            >one of their previous assaults directed at me, which come about on open 
            >internet every few months). They implied that since I was being friendly 
            >with these Gaudiya visitors, who knows, maybe I will be just like 
            >Pancadravida Swami, and also join them. 
            > 
            >They have made many other implications, and I could say many other things. I 
            >do insist that Harinama and company publish a statement, correcting their 
            >errors and speculations on their webpage, which has disturbed many devotees 
            >minds unnecessarily. They should also publish a disclaimer that their 
            >website is not an ISKCON Mexico official publication, and that the 
            >statements therein are the expressed opinion of the authors. 
            > 
            >I will not say any more on this. I have included some of the other devotees 
            >in the Mexican Yatra as receivers, and they can make any further comments. I 
            >strongly suggest that their guru, HH Hridayananda M, encourage them not to 
            >publish their tirades on the open internet. Darshan das made the same 
            >suggestion to them a month or so ago, but they continue to destroy the faith 
            >of young and innocent devotees. I would also suggest that they first voice 
            >their complaints to me directly, either en person or in writing, and allow 
            >me to answer, before broadcasting untruths all over the internet, or address 
            >the temple president. 
            > 
            >They should be instructed to apologize (for the benefit of younger 
            >devotees), and it should be made clear that they are not the representatives 
            >of ISKCON Mexico. 
            > 
            >Of course, they will give their foolish excuse of not coming to the temple, 
            >saying that in 1998 I threatened to assassinate them. What happened, is that 
            >Radha Krsna das was writing to one devotee, telling him that I (GPS) better 
            >not appear in Mexico, or else I would be arrested for kidnapping. So I sent 
            >him a quick message from Delhi to the effect, find out who is behind all 
            >this and put it to rest. However in Spanish I left out the it, so Radha 
            >Krsna published all over the internet that I threatened to assassinate him 
            >(although it was a two line internet to a devotee, who can attest to exactly 
            >what I meant). If anyone ever does any harm to them, or anyone, they will be 
            >expelled from this yatra immediately. But these are their antics. 
            > 
            >Again, I am sorry to burden all of you with another long message, but I 
            >thought it necessary in lieu of the accusations made. 
            > 
            >Your servant, 
            > 
            >Guru Prasad Swami 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
            MSN. Más Útil Cada Día Haz clic aquí. 2 months FREE* 

                    Mensaje 820 de 820  |  Anterior | Siguiente  [ Subir en la serie ]  Índice de mensajes             Mensaje #     
           
                  Responder | Reenviar | Ver origen | Separar líneas   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Copyright © 2001 Yahoo! de México S.A. de C.V.. Todos los derechos reservados. 
      Política de Privacidad - Términos del servicio - Directrices de la Comunidad de Yahoo! - Ayuda de Yahoo! Grupos